Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Pour the coconut chips onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss to coat completely. Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, keeping a close eye so the coconut does not burn. Remove from oven when coconut is golden brown. Let cool, pour into a bowl and enjoy!
- Disclaimer for those who do not prefer the taste of coconut: I am willing to bet that if this is you, that you'll still love this recipe. Bet I'm right!
- This is the perfect healthy snack! Set them out for the kids or at your next adult gathering and they will be the first things to get gobbled up.
- Enjoy as a solo snack, or toss into your next bowl of oatmeal or smoothie bowls. They are perfect when sprinkled over top of ice cream, too!
- For an even more concentrated flavor, drizzle with coconut sugar, coconut water or coconut oil before baking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- If you're wanting to create sweet coconut chips and you aren't concerned about following a special diet, consider drizzling honey, maple syrup or a couple teaspoons confectioners' sugar over the top before baking.
- Other flavor options if looking to indulge a bit: chocolate chips, vanilla extract or dried fruits.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1179mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!