In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer (med-low) and add lemon slices in a single layer.
Simmer over medium-low (uncovered) for 15 minutes, gently flipping once or twice during the cooking process.
Transfer the lemon slices to a wire cooling rack or waxed paper and let cool.
Other popular recipes to try!
- If you love lemons and have a lot of them on your hands, make an extra big batch of candied lemons and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use 1 cup of simple syrup in place of the water and sugar in the recipe, if desired.
- You can stir the sugar in the water occasionally as it simmers.
- Let the candied lemons sit at room temperature for up to 24 hours before storing in an air-tight container.
- Candied lemons will be sugary and tacky even after drying.
- They freeze well and can be frozen up to 2 months.
Calories: 52.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.85g | Protein: 0.15g | Fat: 0.04g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 0.37g | Sugar: 12.85g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!