- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's chocolate candies
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the baking soda and oats. Stir in the chocolate chips, M&M candies and raisins. Mix well.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop batter onto prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten each round of batter with your fingers, creating a circle with a 3-inch diameter. Top with extra M&Ms, if desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and centers are no longer doughy. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.
- Use a spoon to gently remove the batter from the 1/4 cup measuring cup. Smooth into a round shape using your fingers.
- Feel free to replace the chocolate chips, raisins and M&M's with other "filler" ingredients such as coconut flakes, dried cherries or other chocolate chip varieties. Be sure not to exceed 3 total cups of extras!
- These cookies are gluten-free, just make sure you check the packaging on the oatmeal you use to ensure this.
- These cookies are the perfect holiday gift! Wrap in plastic wrap and tie up with a seasonal bow.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg