Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla (if using) and salt (if using) in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. Roll dough into 1-inch balls with your hands and place onto prepared baking sheets.
Press the bottom of a fork into each dough ball in a criss-cross pattern (grease the fork, if needed). Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Freeze dough for later use, if desired. Double wrap in plastic wrap or a ziploc bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
- This is a great dessert to make for people who enjoy a gluten-free diet.
- Add a mashed banana to the batter to add flavor, if desired.
- Chocolate chips or peanut butter chips can easily be added to the cookie batter.
- If you don't love the idea of cleaning out a measuring cup with PB stuck inside it, eyeball the amount you add to the bowl. One cup is just a recommendation and you really won't be able to mess these easy cookies up.
Calories: 131.94kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.6g | Protein: 3.49g | Fat: 7.36g | Saturated Fat: 1.45g | Cholesterol: 10.33mg | Sodium: 131.05mg | Fiber: 0.82g | Sugar: 12.06g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!