- 2 cups cooked rice any variety
- 1 orange bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 10.5 oz container cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion chopped
- 10 oz frozen shelled edamame prepared according to package directions
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
Add bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, edamame, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve!
- For an even healthier dish, use 1-2 tablespoons olive oil instead of 3.
- Any color of bell pepper will taste great in this recipe!
- Consider replacing the lime juice with lemon juice for a different flavor!
- Use any variety of rice desired. Brown, rice or a flavored and packaged variety all taste great!
- Feel free to add chopped fresh herbs to the salad such as parsley, chives or basil for added flavor.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the top for an extra crunch!
- If using an entire red onion is too much, add just 1 cup freshly chopped red onion to the salad.
- Replace the veggies called for in the recipe with any other vegetables you have on hand! Zucchini, mushrooms, carrots and broccoli florets would all taste great!
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 803IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg