Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse/puree until a chunky consistency is achieved. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Serve with a salad, vegetables, steak, shrimp or pour over rice/grains.
- This sauce can be enjoyed immediately but will taste even better after a day of marinating!
- If you don’t own a food processor, you can easily grate the onion and ginger by hand.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best when used within 5 days of preparing it.
- Add a minced garlic clove or two for a flavor boost.
- Spice up the recipe by adding red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce.
- For a touch of sweetness, consider adding 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or honey.
- A tablespoon of sesame oil or dark sesame oil adds a delicious flavor.
- Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 811mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!