- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse/puree until a chunky consistency is achieved. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Serve with a salad, vegetables, steak, shrimp or pour over rice/grains.
- This sauce can be enjoyed immediately but will taste even better after a day of marinating!
- If you don’t own a food processor, you can easily grate the onion and ginger by hand.
- If at all possible you will want to use fresh ginger. Substitute ground ginger only if needed.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 811mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg