- 4 slices sourdough or white bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese or 4 slices
- 4 tomato slices patted dry
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese or 4 slices
Place the bread on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each bread slice. Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread (butter side down), 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-jack, 2 tomato slices, 1/2 cup shredded provolone and slice of bread (butter side up).
Place the sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!
Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1189IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 5mg