Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the Brussels sprouts in an even layer. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the tops. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring the veggies once at the halfway point. Serve immediately!
- Trim very small portions from the stems before cooking if they are brown. Be careful not to trim too much so the sprout stays intact.
- Replace the olive oil with coconut, vegetable or sesame oil for a different flavor.
- Go crazy with herbs and spices, if you’d like! Italian seasoning, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano or basil are great dried seasonings to sprinkle over the top. If you have fresh herbs on hand, basil, chives, parsley and thyme are all delicious when sprinkled over vegetables before roasting!
- Add minced garlic to the pan for an extra boost of flavor OR a sprinkling of garlic powder!
- Sprinkling Parmesan cheese (shaved or grated!) over the top before roasting adds a delicious touch.
- Table salt tastes great on these, but consider sea or kosher salt for an even tastier end result.
- Adding a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar to the pan before baking adds TONS of flavor.
- Add chopped (uncooked) bacon for a meaty, even more delicious side.
Calories: 201.17kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.15g | Protein: 5.79g | Fat: 14.64g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Sodium: 121.77mg | Fiber: 5.92g | Sugar: 3.95g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!