- 6 medium red potatoes or 10 baby reds, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
Place potatoes and garlic into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain.
Pour the potatoes and garlic into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper and milk. Mash with a potato masher. Serve warm with extra butter.
- Leaving the skins on adds a unique and delicious flavor and texture, but feel free to peel the potatoes first for a creamier end result.
- Especially with soft potatoes like red and yukon gold, be careful not to overmash or the texture can become gluey. (No blenders or electric mixers!)
- Replace with Russet potatoes if desired, but the flavor will be less buttery.
- Add up to 1/4 cup sour cream for an even creamier texture and flavor.
Calories: 361.77kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.97g | Protein: 5.62g | Fat: 22.23g | Saturated Fat: 13.65g | Cholesterol: 60.17mg | Sodium: 381.01mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 3.22g