- 6 medium red potatoes or 10 baby reds, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
Place potatoes and garlic into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain.
Pour the potatoes and garlic into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper and milk. Mash with a potato masher. Serve warm with extra butter.
- Leaving the skins on adds a unique and delicious flavor and texture, but feel free to peel the potatoes first for a creamier end result.
- Especially with soft potatoes like red and yukon gold, be careful not to over mash or the texture can become gluey. (No blenders or electric mixers!)
- Replace with Russet potatoes if desired, but the flavor will be less buttery.
- Add up to 1/4 cup sour cream for an even creamier texture and flavor.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 1010mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg