Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Stir and place the cover on the pot. Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 3 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 20 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, let release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release. Remove cover and let cool. Depending on the consistency you desire, mash with a potato masher or use an immersion blender for a smoother consistency.
Pour into sealed containers. They can be stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When chopping and peeling the apples, fill a large bowl about half with cool water and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into it. The lemon juice will keep your apples from getting brown while you get them prepped for the recipe.
- Use an apple corer/peeler if you have one because they will make this process go super fast. If you don’t have one, use a potato peeler and a knife to get the job done. You’ll need to peel, core and chop the apples. Place them into the water-lemon juice mixture as you work.
- For a sweeter sauce, throw in some added sugar (up to 1 cup total).
- Serve chilled and sprinkled with extra cinnamon over the top.
- We enjoy a chunkier applesauce in our house, so I give the mixture a good mash using a potato masher when it’s done cooking. If you prefer a smooth sauce, use an immersion blender until it has reached the desired consistency.
Calories: 154.72kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.74g | Protein: 0.64g | Fat: 0.36g | Saturated Fat: 0.06g | Sodium: 20.12mg | Fiber: 5.36g | Sugar: 32.65g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!