Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Add to a large mixing bowl along with pickles and cheese chunks.
In a small bowl combine the mayo and cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Pour over the contents in the bowl and toss until evenly coated. Add the pickle juice, dill, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix well, cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with extra fresh dill, if desired.
- For a lighter recipe, use light mayo and replace the cream cheese with either a light sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Best options for cheese are medium or sharp cheddar. Other good options: colby jack, muenster and pepperjack.
- If you love dill, add more than what the recipe calls for. I've found that you just can't get too much of it!
- For an added crunch, consider adding a half of a chopped yellow or white onion OR a bunch of sliced green onions to the pasta salad.
- Serve this as a side dish at any meal or bring it to your next party!
- Large shells are my favorite type of pasta to use to make this salad, but other great options would be rotini, elbow macaroni and farfalle.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 643mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!