Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In each of the chicken breasts, cut a slit horizontally without going all the way through to the other side.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add cream cheese to the skillet and stir until cheese is melted. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
Divide the mixture between the 6 breasts and spoon into openings. Seal the ends and secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve warm.
- You are simply making a pocket into the chicken breast so be gentle when slicing.
- You will want to use larger chicken breasts in this recipe. Chicken thighs won't work as well.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese with the cream cheese for a delicious cheesy mixture!
- This cream cheese mixture is delicious but here are some great variations to mix into the cream cheese: Chopped spinach or broccoli, diced mushrooms or roasted red peppers.
- Replace a portion of the cream cheese with sour cream.
- Add a few slices of bacon (chopped) pieces to the cream cheese.
- One of these stuffed breasts wrapped in bacon would be delicious! Add 10 minutes to the cooking time!
- Create a tin foil "tent" to wrap around the stuffed side of the breast if you are concerned about the contents leaking out. Be sure to spray the foil first with cooking spray!
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 673IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!