Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, cover pan and cook for 6 minutes per side, or until centers are no longer pink. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into slices; set aside. Do not clean pan.
Melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add milk and chicken broth and heat until frothy. Immediately decrease heat to medium-low.
Add fettuccini noodles and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through. Add Parmesan cheese and chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken is warmed through.
Serve warm and top with flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper, if desired.
- For a gluten-free meal, replace the pasta with rice or a gluten free pasta.
- Replace the milk with heavy whipping cream for a creamier, heartier meal.
- Go crazy with black pepper! This dish is meant to be enjoyed with a heavy dose of pepper.
- Add the chicken at the end of the recipe to cut 12 minutes off this recipe! If you go this route, you can skip step 1 entirely. Add meat that has been pulled from a Rotisserie chicken toward the end of the recipe instead!
- For a slimmer meal, cut the amount of the cheese used in the recipe in half and use skimmed milk.
Calories: 942kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 268mg | Sodium: 1641mg | Potassium: 1442mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1092IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 502mg | Iron: 3mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!