Enjoy this fresh tasty dessert on a lovely summer afternoon!
If everything falls into place this weekend, it will be a momentus one. I will wait until it is over to share! I have butterflies in my tummy about every part of it. It has been a long time since I have felt like this!
I haven’t been thinking about food too much this week, but I did manage to pull these tasty little treats together (inspired by Epicurean Mom). I loved them. They were summery and fresh, which are two of my favorite words to describe food lately with all of this warm (and wonderful) weather.
Blueberries + lemons = summery freshness.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a food processor, combine:
10 graham crackers, broken into pieces
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pulse until fine crumbs form.
Add 5 tablespoons of melted butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened.
Press crumbs into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine:
Two 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Using a hand-held mixer, mix on medium speed until smooth.
While you are doing that, have a cute kitchen helper start juicing a few lemons for you. 🙂
Add to the bowl:
Zest from 2 lemons
Juice from 2 lemons
Mix with a hand-held mixer until combined.
Remove a handful of blueberries from a 1-pint package and set aside. Pour the rest of them into the bowl.
Gently stir with a spoon until combined.
Pour the cream-cheese-blueberry mixture over the crust.
Drop the reserved blueberries evenly over the top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Here’s to summery, fresh, butterflies-in-tummy days ahead! Enjoy your weekend!
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 10 graham crackers broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons zested
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 pint blueberries divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker pieces, sugar, brown sugar and salt. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, eggs, sugar and flour. Using a hand-held mixer on medium speed, mix until smooth. Add lemon zest and juice and mix until combined. Add blueberries (minus a handful) and gently fold in with a spoon.
- Pour the cream cheese-blueberry mixture over the crust. Drop the reserved handful of blueberries over the top and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.