This frozen cake involves a giant baked cookie, cookie dough ice cream, hot fudge topping, cool whip, chocolate chips and COOKIES. It doesn’t get any better than this!
How’s your week going? Anything fun going on? Share some fun tales with me from your week! I have a funny one to share. This totally irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake has been sitting in our downstairs freezer for the past few days. We have pulled it out periodically for dessert and I’d say half of it remains. Yesterday I opened the freezer to grab something out, and…!!! There were large chunks of the cake missing around the edges in a very haphazard fashion. Later Elijah confessed to sneaking in and taking bites when hunger struck. Then! Last night I went downstairs to check laundry to find DAN bent over the open freezer with a fork in his hand. He froze when I walked in and the guilty look on his face was priceless. My alternate title was born: Ice Cream Cake that You’ll Need to Lock Up.
I dreamed up this ice cream cake in my sleep last week. Am I the only person who dreams of food constantly? I woke up and could hardly wait to put it together. It exceeded my expectations and my aforementioned stories should act as proof that it is DELICIOUS and impossible to resist.
This would be a great dessert to serve at a summer gathering. Or to keep in your freezer as your family nibbles away at it like starving mice. [ashamed face]
Enjoy, friends! Have a great rest of your week!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake
- 16 oz. refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 48 oz. cookie dough ice cream softened
- 8 oz. container whipped topping defrosted
- 1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- 12.8 oz. hot fudge topping heated for 30 seconds in microwave
- 25 Chips Ahoy cookies broken into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan (or 9-inch square baking dish) with cooking spray. Press cookie dough into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and baked through in the center (use a toothpick to check for doneness if needed). Let cool.
- Top cooled cookie with an even layer of the ice cream, followed by the whipped topping, chocolate chips and hot fudge. Top with the cookie pieces and immediately place in the freezer. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.