Make your own sugar scrub at home using sugar, fresh cucumber and mint. This DIY recipe is good for your face, your legs and arms to get smoother skin. Create a batch of this and your skin will love you! Bonus, it makes a great gift!
My head hurts like crazy tonight and I’m certain it’s from fighting battles for my oldest boy. More on that here. I think it’s safe to say that our time in Elijah’s class was successful based on the looks on his classmates’ faces and the sincere questions they had for us afterward. I’m looking forward to a good night of sleep, followed by a heaping dose of my new SUGAR SCRUB in the morning. You guys, this stuff is incredible! I’ve been using it now for a few days and my face feels so super soft. Today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noticed less eye puffiness. Thank you, refreshing cucumber!
IF YOU’RE WONDERING WHY CUCUMBERS AND MINT ARE GOOD IN A SUGAR SCRUB, HERE ARE SOME GREAT REASONS:
– Cucumbers have antioxidants, which can help to reduce puffiness and discoloration. They can also help freckles to fade over time, they rejuvenate skin and fend off wrinkles and sun damage.
– Mint is an anti-inflammatory so it helps soothe skin irritations and itchy skin. It also helps treat acne and it hydrates and moisturizes skin. Some people believe that when applied to the forehead, mint can help to alleviate headaches!
WHY COCONUT OIL IS GOOD FOR THIS BODY SCRUB
The melting point of coconut oil is about 76 degrees. So it remains a solid until you rub it between your fingers or hands, then its great for using to help your skin stay moisturized. The fat in coconut oil is known for being good to help moisturize skin, help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin elasticity. Coconut oil also has Vitamin E and A in it which is good for the skin. These are reasons we’re excited to add this to our scrub and use it on our bodies and face!
MAKE A SUGAR SCRUB FOR YOURSELF AND ONE FOR A FRIEND!
Puree the cucumber and mint leaves in a food processor or blender until juicy and chunky. Set aside.
In a small skillet, heat the coconut oil and olive oil over medium heat until the coconut has completely melted. Immediately pour into a medium bowl. Add the sugar and cucumber-mint mixture and stir until combined.
Divide the sugar scrub between four half-pint mason jars. Secure with lids so they can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Scrub 1 teaspoon over your face daily in a circular motion for 60 seconds. Rinse with water when finished. Keep scrub in fridge until next use.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF A SUGAR SCRUB
Since the ingredients in the sugar scrub are all natural, as long as you keep an air tight lid on it, it can last anywhere from 3-6 months.
IS IT AFFORDABLE TO MAKE YOUR OWN SUGAR SCRUB?
Often the ingredients you need to make sugar scrub are right in your pantry and refrigerator, making this scrub affordable! Picking up fresh herbs at your grocery is inexpensive. It’s also great to buy a plant for your deck and then you can grow it fresh to use again!
This sugar scrub acts as a great gift! Be sure to let recipients know to keep it in the fridge until use. Enjoy this scrub! Your skin is about to be sooo happy! Check out my Exfoliating Face Scrub with Coffee for another great scrub and gift option.
DIY Cucumber Mint Face Scrub
- 4 – 1/2 pint jars
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Puree the cucumber and mint leaves in a blender until juicy and chunky. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the coconut oil and olive oil over medium heat until the coconut has completely melted. Immediately pour into a medium bowl. Add the sugar and cucumber-mint mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide the sugar scrub between four half-pint mason jars. Secure with lids and store in the refrigerator.
- Scrub 1 teaspoon over your face daily in a circular motion for 60 seconds. Rinse with water when finished. Keep scrub in fridge until use.