Create a simple meal tonight. With four ingredients, you’ll find this easy to put together last minute. This delicious and healthy Lemon Shrimp Pasta Skillet will be on your dinner table in 20 minutes!
There have been stretches of time during the past few years when I have been in a complete fog. Having a child with chronic sleep issues takes a toll on all of us at times. There was a period of time last summer when I could have walked right onto the set of Walking Dead and begun gnawing on people’s limbs. I remember going to the post office one day during that stretch to mail a package. I got all the way to the counter before realizing I had forgotten my purse at home. I retrieved it, went back to the P.O. and mailed the package. I then went out to my car to discover that I had lost my keys. When I went back inside to look for them, the lady behind the counter looked genuinely concerned. I do stuff like this all the time. Today I completed an entire workout at the gym with my pants on backwards. Please tell me I’m not the only one and that some day I will feel normal again.
It is on my more foggy-brained days that I particularly appreciate EASY dinner recipes. This Lemon Shrimp Pasta Skillet was ridiculously easy, even for an absent-minded gal like myself. I have listed a serving size of 4-6, but in all honesty I consumed most of this in one sitting. I saved a tiny scoop or two for my cute hubby.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add a package of frozen shrimp and cook until heated through and pink, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Cook for another couple minutes and add cooked farfalle (or other medium-sized) pasta.
Cook until heated through and serve!
Even a zombie can do this. Trust me.
Healthy Lemon Shrimp Pasta Skillet
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. package frozen shrimp
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2-3 cups cooked pasta such as Farfalle
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add frozen shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until they are pink and heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm!