There is no better way to enjoy all of your favorite breakfast foods in a single bite. This Breakfast Stromboli is a breakfast dream come true!
There are a handful of foods that Dan and I both have an infatuation with like hot dips and spicy food. Sometime during our recent Christmas break, we came up with a savory recipe that involved two of our food loves, breakfast and stromboli! It is the perfect way to roll all of your favorite breakfast foods into a single bite. Free to add whichever ingredients tickle your breakfast-loving belly! Everyone loves breakfast food, right?
Watch this easy tutorial to learn how to make your own NO YEAST pizza dough for this recipe!
Start by rolling out 1 pound of pizza dough (buy frozen and thaw first). Roll into approximately a 14×10-inch rectangle.
Now for the fun part! Going parallel to the short sides, add your favorite breakfast ingredients in rows, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. A few ideas: scrambled eggs, hash browns (cooked), mushrooms (uncooked and chopped), green bell peppers (uncooked and chopped), yellow/green onions (uncooked and chopped/sliced), bacon (cooked and chopped), jalapeño peppers (uncooked and chopped), ground sausage (cooked), ham (cooked and chopped).
Spread shredded cheese evenly over the top and fold the the sides over, starting with the short sides.
Starting on a short side, carefully roll into a log. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with a beaten egg.
Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Serve to hungry tummies! ENJOY!
- 1 lb frozen pizza dough thawed
- 3/4 cup eggs scrambled
- 3/4 cup hash browns cooked
- 3/4 cup vegetables cooked – mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos
- 3/4 cup meat bacon, ground sausage or ham
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large egg beaten
- salsa/sour cream topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface and using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 14×10-inch rectangle. Going parallel to one of the short sides, spread out rows of ingredients (using 6 max) in 2-inch rows, leaving a 1-inch border around the dough edges on all sides. Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
- Fold 1 inch of dough over the filling on the short sides of the rectangle. Fold the long ends over the filling, pinching the dough together at the corners. Start rolling as tightly as possible into a log, starting at one of the short sides. Carefully place the log onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush the dough with the egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven until the bread is golden. Loosen the bottom of stromboli from the parchment paper with a spatula. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool. Cut into slices and serve. Top with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.
Leave a Reply