Halloween Snack Mix is a great snack to have on hand. Great for Fall or Halloween themed parties. Only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time!
Why This Recipe Works
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I can remember eagerly reading Halloween-themed books and planning out my costume as October 31st approached.
It has always had a magical spin, with the costumes, candy, spooky stories and pumpkin carving. I’m noticing that Halloween holds magic for my boys, too, and I love that.
I picked up ingredients for this magical mixture and made it first thing this morning, which may have been a bit of a mistake because I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO STOP EATING IT. This will tell you two things about my Halloween snack mix:
- It is totally addicting
- I will not be eating lunch or dinner. In addition to being a triple meal replacement, it would also be great for a Halloween-themed party!
Tiny twist pretzels – Using the small version of pretzels helps to keep the size of the snack mix uniform. However, if you have other types of pretzels on hand, use them up!
Original bugles – Bugles are a fun crunchy snack that you can find in your chip aisle at the grocery store. If you can’t find them, you can use chex mix in place of them.
Caramel corn – Any sort of popcorn will work in this recipe. If you keep kettle corn on hand, that will work in the sweet/salty mix as well.
M&M’s – Have a favorite flavor of m&m’s? Whether it’s peanut, caramel, or a newly put out flavor by this candy brand, you can toss them in.
Autumn mix candy corn – This mix by Brach’s candy offers classic candy corn, pumpkins and chocolate candy corn. It’s a fun colorful mix but can be replaced with just candy corn if you like.
Salted peanuts – Keep the salty portion of the mix alive with yummy salted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts as another great option.
How To Make An Easy Halloween Snack Mix
This unique mix of ingredients is particularly good in the fall when candy corn is sold. Take these sweet treats and mix them up with a good salty snack to offset the sweetness. Bugles are another great crunchy snack alongside some caramel corn.
If you have a favorite chocolate candy other than M&M’s, then toss those in! Use whatever mix of Halloween candy you have around the house!
Here are my favorite ingredients to mix together in a large bowl:
- Tiny Twists Pretzels
- Original Bugles
- Caramel Corn
- Milk Chocolate M&M’s
- Candy Corn (or Autumn Mix variety)
- Salted peanuts
- Chex Cereal
- Any variety of M&M’s, including peanut butter, caramel, peanut or regular!
- Raisinets or plain raisins
- Variety of Nuts (salted or unsalted)
- Regular popcorn
- White chocolate chips
- Load up snack-sized ziploc bags with this snack and hand them out for trick or treating!
- Regular or cheesy popcorn can replace caramel corn.
- Chop up fun-size candy bars and throw them into the mix!
What Is Snack/Trail Mix?
Having the perfect finger foods for your kids to munch on or to send along for a Halloween party is great in the fall. This snack mix doesn’t require extra prep dishes and you can change up the ingredients if you prefer a different mix.
A lot of crunch, some salty, some sweet but not too much of either. Stirring together the ingredients are the only instructions, so enjoy putting together your own colorful mix!
How To Store Halloween Snack Mix
Once you mix this up, you can put it in an air-tight container and keep it around for a couple weeks as you enjoy it.
Great Gifts For Friends
This makes a great little gift! It’s a perfect gift idea for someone you’re going to spend the day with or to send a long as a little gesture that you’re thinking of them.
Pick up a pint sized mason jar and fill it with all the favorite ingredients you picked out. Place a gift tag on it and let them know you’ve been thinking of them.
Other Perfect Fall Treats
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting – Introducing the only Pumpkin Cookie recipe you’ll ever need in your life. These cookies are DELICIOUS and so soft, pillowy, light and fluffy.
- Pumpkin Pie Bars – If you want a Pumpkin Pie without the hassle, make your pumpkin pie into bars instead! Each buttery bite of the tasty shortbread crust is perfect with the creamy pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Layer Cake is the perfect festive dessert to bring to your next Halloween or fall-themed party and as a Thanksgiving dessert. The cream cheese frosting complements it perfectly and looks beautiful with a rustic ombre look.
- Festive Candy Corn Cake – Celebrate fall or Halloween with a festive candy corn themed cake! The flavor and texture of this cake are delicious and people will swoon when you cut into it.
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes – Caramel Apples transformed into CUPCAKES, people! It’s a dream come true! These are great for Fall or Halloween gatherings!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – Don’t let those delicious little pumpkin seeds go to waste when carving pumpkins! Learn how to prepare those raw pumpkins seeds. Season and roast them, they’re easy to make! They turn into a delicious little fall snack that will get gobbled up by all.
Other Holiday Snack Mixes
Did you love this recipe?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Halloween Snack Mix
- 1 bag tiny twist pretzels
- 1 bag original bugles
- 1 bag caramel corn
- 1 bag m&m's
- 1 bag autumn mix candy corn
- 1 jar salted peanuts
- Combine all ingredients in an extra large bowl (or divide between two bowls). Mix well and serve!