Not just a good seasoned sour cream recipe, but the best ever! This recipe gives Champps a run for their money! Great for your next stack of fries or even a platter of veggies.
I sometimes think back fondly on those days of happy hours on Fridays after a busy work week. That is the only thing I miss about the corporate world. They were the best! Blowing off steam, venting about work issues and enjoying a cold beer and an appetizer.. ahh, those were the days!
One of our go-to spots was Champps and I can remember absolutely DEVOURING their waffle fries and seasoned sour cream. A couple years ago my husband set out to recreate that delicious dipping sauce and I think he did a fantastic job. Here is his version of the famous happy hour snack.
HOW TO MAKE SEASONED SOUR CREAM
In a medium bowl, combine the following:
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried parsley
- Garlic salt
- Cayenne pepper
Mix well and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SEASONED SOUR CREAM
- Oven-baked fries, homemade potato chips, sweet potato fries or fries made in the air fryer!
- Serve as a dipping sauce for roasted veggies or fresh veggies.
- Dipping sauce for air fryer chicken wings!
- Dip zucchini chips or zucchini fries into it!
- Use as a sauce to top burgers or grilled chicken with!
Seasoned Sour Cream (Champps Copycat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayo and sour cream. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, parsley, garlic salt, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.