Make this delicious turkey rice soup with homemade turkey stock…it is so delicious! A hearty broth with healthy vegetables and rice will keep you warm and filled up. Comforting, warm and great for family dinner or large gatherings.
Original recipe posted: January 2015 | Recipe updated: October 2019
Why This Recipe Works
I’m in the midst of an exciting time right now. I have time to be at home and work on the things I love the most, one of them being this website. I love creating recipes and photographing them and then sharing them with YOU!
I don’t say this enough, but THANK YOU for reading and for leaving kind comments. I hope you enjoy every recipe you try on this website!
I created this soup using the homemade turkey stock I made with this year’s Thanksgiving turkey. The stock was delicious, but this soup was beyond delicious! You get the turkey leftovers and the bones to make broth with. Homemade turkey stock can also be used in this Turkey Barley Soup and this incredible Chicken Noodle Soup.
How To Make Turkey Soup With Rice
Place your slow cooker on the counter and add a slow cooker liner. Keep clean up to a minimum!
Combine turkey broth (or chicken) stock (homemade stock preferable but not necessary), turkey meat (only if you’re not using chunky homemade stock), rice, carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper to a crock pot. Cover and cook.
Cook on Low heat for 7 to 8 hours or cook on High heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- If you have the opportunity to make your own stock, do it! It adds a ton of delicious flavor.
- If you don’t want to prepare a whole turkey, you can prepare a turkey breast right in your Instant pot, enjoy some with some veggies then use the rest of the meat in this soup!
- I love wild rice in soup, if you do too, cook up a cup of it separately and toss it into the soup close to the end of the cooking period.
How To Add Flavor To Soup
Check out these tips to learn how to add flavor to your next batch of soup!
What To Serve With Soup
Soup is an easy, comforting meal to prepare for dinner any time of the year. But what do you serve alongside it? Click over for 33 delicious ideas about what to serve with soup.
How Long Does Slow Cooker Turkey Soup Last
You can refrigerate the soup for 3-4 days. If you don’t think you can enjoy it by then, I recommend cooling it completely, placing it in an airtight container and freezing it. It’ll be good for 6 months.
Fall Soup Recipe Inspiration
- Butternut Squash Soup – This is the perfect, most delicious way to use up butternut squash in the fall! Butternut Squash Soup is creamy, packed with comforting flavor and super easy to prepare.
- Roasted Tomato Soup – The most delicious way to use up spare tomatoes! This Roasted Tomato Soup is bold, flavorful and comforting. You will never want to make another tomato soup again!
- Healthy Turkey Chili – Healthy Turkey Chili is delicious and totally comforting! Whether you spice it up or keep it mild, it is a recipe you will keep coming back to.
- Cheesy Vegetable Soup – Enjoy a delicious bowl of Cheesy Vegetable Soup perfect for those cold nights. Sauté up your favorite vegetables and whisk them into this amazing, filling soup. This soup is velvety smooth and delicious!
Turkey Soup With Rice In The Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- 12 cups turkey stock or 3 – 32 oz containers
- 2 cups turkey shredded, if not using chunky homemade stock
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 5 stalks celery sliced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a large crockpot, combine turkey stock, turkey, rice, celery, carrots, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook on High heat for 4-5 hours or Low heat for 7-8 hours.