This slow cooker version of Turkey Barley Soup is comforting, hearty, healthy and totally delicious. It is a great way to use up leftover turkey or homemade turkey stock!
I have been mourning this soup all week. I can’t even tell you how much I love homemade turkey stock and anything made from it. If you’ve never made your own turkey stock, please go buy a turkey just so you can experience it. I’m serious. I ate this Turkey Barley Soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it was gone far too quickly.
On the bright side, I have a TON of amazing recipes planned for the month of December. I will be posting more than ever this month, so stay tuned! Don’t wander too far. See you around the corner. I need coffee.
But really, even without the homemade turkey stock, you should give this soup a try. Store bought stock or broth will be great! Enjoy!
Crockpot Turkey Barley Soup
- Crock Pot
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups celery sliced
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 cups turkey cooked, shredded
- 1 cup barley rinsed
- 12 cups homemade turkey stock substitution: 32 oz turkey or chicken broth
- In a large crockpot, combine onion, celery, carrots, parsley, turkey, barley and turkey stock. Mix well. Cover and cook on Low heat for 6-7 hours or High heat for 4 hours.
- Serve hot and top with extra parsley, if desired.