This slow cooker version of Turkey Barley Soup is comforting, hearty, healthy and totally delicious. It is a great way to use up leftover turkey or homemade turkey stock!
I have been mourning this soup all week. I can’t even tell you how much I love homemade turkey stock and anything made from it. If you’ve never made your own turkey stock, please go buy a turkey just so you can experience it. I’m serious. I ate this Turkey Barley Soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it was gone far too quickly.
On the bright side, I have a TON of amazing recipes planned for the month of December. I will be posting more than ever this month, so stay tuned! Don’t wander too far. See you around the corner. I need coffee.
But really, even without the homemade turkey stock, you should give this soup a try. Store bought stock or broth will be great! Enjoy!
How To Add Flavor To Soup
Check out these tips to learn how to add flavor to your next batch of soup!
What To Serve With Soup
Soup is an easy, comforting meal to prepare for dinner any time of the year. But what do you serve alongside it? Click over for 33 delicious ideas about what to serve with soup.
Is rinsing barley important?
Whether you are cooking with rice or barley, you should take the time to rinse them off before using. Simply add the rice to a fine mesh strainer and run cold water over it, tossing it around a bit using your fingers to get a thorough rinse.
This process will ensure that there is no extra debris stuck to the rice. It also removes the starch, which will prevent your final product from being clumpy.
Delicious Soup Recipes
- Have dinner on the table in just 30 minutes with this Taco Soup.
- A hearty broth filled with delicious vegetables rice in this Crockpot Turkey Rice Soup and will keep you warm and filled up.
- Never rely on a can of soup again – this Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup will hit the spot for dinner or when you need a pick me up!
Crockpot Turkey Barley Soup
- Crock Pot
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups celery sliced
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 cups turkey cooked, shredded
- 1 cup barley rinsed
- 12 cups homemade turkey stock substitution: 32 oz turkey or chicken broth
- In a large crockpot, combine onion, celery, carrots, parsley, turkey, barley and turkey stock. Mix well. Cover and cook on Low heat for 6-7 hours or High heat for 4 hours.
- Serve hot. Top with extra parsley, if desired.
Leave a Reply