This is such a simple dessert that comes together with just a few ingredients. It is a great way to use up extra Halloween candy! Miniature candy bars, cookies and a peanut butter-butter mixture make this 3 ingredient no bake dessert a HIT. Bring them to your holiday table or share with kids after school. Did I mention no baking required?!
Original recipe posted: November 2016 | Recipe updated: October 2019
Why This Recipe Works
There is something about having a nice long BEAUTIFUL fall that makes impending winter not seem so terrible. I had to dig the boys’ hats and mittens out and it got me excited for snowmen, cocoa and skiing. It is almost Thanksgiving after all, so a little winter weather is warranted, don’t you think?
Speaking of Thanksgiving, are you ready? If you are looking for an easy dish to bring for dinner, check out my Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole or Crockpot Stuffing. This year we are in charge of the turkey, stuffing and mac and cheese. Yum, I can’t wait!
If your kids enjoyed going Trick or Treating, then you might still have leftover Halloween candy, as I do. So why not add these Leftover Candy Refrigerator Bars to the dessert table? Let the kids help unwrap the candy bars and see the amazing concoction that can be made with them.
Oreo cookies – Regular Oreos will work with this recipe. But if there’s a fun flavor in season with the Oreos like mint or peanut butter, they would be fun to add to this recipe.
Creamy peanut butter – Creamy peanut butter is a easy to mix into the rest of the ingredients but if you have crunchy peanut butter on hand, that will work as well.
Miniature assorted candy bars – While these are optional to the recipe, I recommend enjoying adding them to the dessert for an added texture and flavor.
Check out our web stories to see Pip and Ebby “recipes in action!”
How To Make 3 Ingredient No Bake Dessert Bars
If you or your family have a sweet tooth like we do, we don’t waste sweets given out during the holidays, so try this no-bake dessert.
Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Chop your Halloween candy into bite size pieces and set aside.
Place the cookies in a gallon-size ziploc bag and crush with a large wooden spoon until fine pieces form.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until creamy (microwave for 30 seconds longer, if needed).
Add the crushed Oreos and chopped candy pieces and mix well.
Spread into prepared pan and press evenly all around using fingers. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. Cut into small squares and serve!
- Don’t limit yourself to just candy bars. If you have peanut butter cups or mini chocolates kisses, add them to the mixture. Be sure to stick to the 2 cups so the bars stick together.
- Sprinkle candy corn, M&M’s or chocolate chips on the top!
Want More Recipes Using Candy As Ingredients?
Like having recipes to use ingredients you have on hand? I had extra candy corn leftover after a Halloween party and so I’m going to share this delicious recipe to make your own Butterfinger Candy bars using just 3 ingredients!
Best Holiday Desserts To WOW Your Guests With
- The Best Carrot Cake is moist, flavorful, perfectly spiced and topped with an irresistible cream cheese frosting that will knock your socks off. Making carrot cake from scratch is EASY and you cannot mess it up!
- Coconut Cream Pie is a classic, dreamy dessert that will WOW guests at any gathering. A creamy filling is topped with homemade whipped cream and perfectly toasted coconut flakes!
- Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake with Caramel Frosting – Turn up the YUM on chocolate cake by adding crunch and an irresistible Caramel Frosting! A layer of chocolate crunch is hidden inside the cake for an extra bit of yummy surprise.
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
3 Ingredient No Bake Dessert Recipe
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 cups miniature assorted candy bars chopped, optional
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Place the cookies in a gallon-size ziploc bag and crush with a large wooden spoon until fine pieces form.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until creamy (microwave for 30 seconds longer, if needed). Add the crushed Oreos and candy bar pieces (if using) and mix well.
- Spread into prepared dish and press evenly all around using fingers. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. Cut into small squares and serve!
Sprinkle candy corn, M&M’s or chocolate chips on the top!
I may have to try this more than just after Hallowe’en!
Contact me and provide your mailing address and I’ll get a calendar in the mail for you, Michelle!
Can’t wait to make these! They look delicious!
Contact me and provide your mailing address and I’ll get a calendar in the mail for you, Melissa!
Christy N Joel Spurlock
Oh my goodness! I LOVE
Contact me and provide your mailing address and I’ll get a calendar in the mail for you, Christy N Joel!
oops… that was Paula… not Pula…. W. Sorry for typing too quickly…
I know you already have a few, but if you want another calendar let me know! It’s on me!
This is a recipe my husband with LOVE! Great idea and perfect for the leftover H. candy.
Ha, yes he will! 🙂
looks delicious 🙂
Contact me and provide your mailing address and I’ll get a calendar in the mail for you, Bianca!