The sweet-salty combination in this festive valentine snack mix is so yummy and addicting! Great treat for Valentine-themed parties!
Original post: February 2017 | Updated: February 2021
I love Valentine’s Day. It’s the one day every year when we have an excuse to be sappy. Dan and I have a yearly tradition that revolves around food instead of gifts, although he is always good about getting me a little something.
I’m already salivating over crab legs and steak. Mmmm. Surf and turf isn’t necessarily what people associate Valentine’s Day with, though. It’s so much better known for sugar. Glorious, delicious sugar!
I make this valentine snack mix to munch on this time of year. The sugar-salt combo is so addicting and yummy. This would be a great addition to a Valentine’s party or February counter top!
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE SNACK MIX
Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl:
- Caramel popcorn
- Tiny twists pretzels
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Salted peanuts
- M&M’s chocolate candies (Valentine colors preferred!)
- Cinnamon imperial hearts candies (or red hots)
Carefully stir. Store covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
OTHER SNACK MIX RECIPES
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store this mixture in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
SNACK MIXES MAKES A GREAT GIFT
This makes a great little gift! It’s a perfect gift idea for someone you’re going to spend the day with or to send a long as a little gesture that you’re thinking of them.
Pick up a pint sized mason jar and load it up with the mixture. Place a gift tag on it and let them know you’ve been thinking of them.
- Swap out any of the ingredients with other festive goodies you have on hand: regular popcorn, white or pink mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, Chex cereal or whatever else you have on hand.
- The cinnamon heart candies (or red hots) add a crunch you may not want in the mix, so omit if desired.
Valentine Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups caramel popcorn
- 2 cups tiny twists pretzels
- 4 cups Bugles
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 11 oz M&M’s chocolate candies (Valentine colors preferred!)
- 12 oz cinnamon imperial hearts candies (or red hots)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir gently. Cover until ready to serve!