Just add avocado and an egg to the delicious classic BLT sandwich and you will take it to the next level. You can make BLT recipes with a twist so quickly! You’ll be excited to serve them for lunch or dinner on the regular!
Why This Recipe Works
Do you love taking favorite meals and creating a twist like I do? Sandwiches are a good meal that can make over and over and not get sick of.
You can change the recipe in so many ways to have it taste like a whole new recipe when you just add or take away one ingredient. Crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce and bread are the guts to a BLT but you can serve it in many ways with one change.
This recipe I’m sharing with you is about taking a BLT recipe with a twist and finding your favorite combination. We want you to find your Ultimate BLT combination! Maybe you try it my way today, then make it a deluxe BLT next time by trying a new combination with all of your favorite ingredients.
This version of the sandwich is inspired by my little brother’s girlfriend. She is pretty and kind and she puts up with my brother. She and I also share an intense love for the delicious avocado. Mmmm…aren’t avocados good on just about everything?
This inspired me during a visit with them to take my brothers request for an egg on his BLT and her avocado fandom to come up with a BLT recipe with a twist. DELICIOUS! Why had I never thought of this?! Thanks, guys, for the idea. I will be making this delicious sandwich OFTEN.
How To Make BLTs With a Twist
Original BLT Sandwich – Layer as follows:
Bread (mayo side up), lettuce, bacon, tomato, bread (mayo side down).
Twist #1 – Layer as follows:
Bread (mayo side up), seasoned salt, lettuce, bacon, avocado, tomato, egg, seasoned salt, bread (mayo side down).
Twist #2 – Layer as follows:
Toasted bread slice (sriracha mayo side up), seasoned salt, lettuce, bacon, avocado, tomato, seasoned salt, bread (sriracha mayo side down).
You’ll never go back to the original version ever again!
- If you love a little spice in your meal, switch out mayo and add in some Chipotle mayo.
- Cheese isn’t a staple on this sandwich, but you could definitely try a slice of provoline or pepper jack for a delicious twist.
- You can also keep your mayo spread on then top on a little hot sauce.
- When I have fresh spinach leaves on hand, I like to switch out the lettuce for a healthier spinach option.
- Another easy way to switch up your BLT is switch out the bread for a rye or sourdough and give it a whole other texture.
What To Serve With BLTs – 25 perfect ideas!
BLTs are such an easy lunch or dinner option. Read on for 25 delicious ideas about what to serve with BLTs to create a complete meal!
Shout-Out To My Other Favorite Avocado Recipes:
You can never have too much Classic Guacamole at least in our house!
Enjoy sweet bites of mango and little bits of salt crab with my twist on a party favorite – Mango Crab Guacamole.
You’ll get lots of nutrients, textures and flavors in this awesome lunch option called a Buddha Bowl!
Turn your avocado into a boat and stuff it with a delicious mix of avocado and veggies in this Corn and Tomato Stuffed Avocados!
How To Make Yummy BLT Recipes With A Twist!
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Seasoned salt
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 3 slices bacon cooked crispy
- 3 slices avocado
- 3 slices tomato
- 1 egg cooked over-easy
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on one side of each bread slice. Lightly sprinkle seasoned salt over the mayo.
- Layer sandwich as follows: Slice of bread (mayo side up), lettuce, bacon, avocado slices, tomato slices, egg, remaining slice of bread (mayo side down). Cut in half and enjoy!