A great way to enjoy the most important meal of the day: BREAKFAST! This wrap is loaded with delicious breakfast foods.. eggs and salsa and cheese, oh my!
This recipe is very fitting this week, you know, containing scrambled eggs and all. Because my brain feels scrambled. I am struggling to even write this post tonight. I want bed. Badly. The only thing I want more than bed is one of these wraps, followed by bed. I am headed toward my comfy pillows shortly, friends. Have I ever told you that I sleep with four pillows? Mmmm…pillows.
I also LOVED this wrap and I hope you all enjoy it, as well! It gave Dan and me very happy bellies. Here are some of our other favorite breakfasts: Fried Egg and Tomato Breakfast Stack, Easy Eggs and Veggies and Sausage Veggie Skillet!
Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add:
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are softened. Add:
1 tomato, chopped
Cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 4 beaten eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are scrambled. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Place two 10-inch tortillas onto serving plates. Top each with:
Half of the eggs
Half of the onion-pepper mixture
Roll into a wrap and cut in half. Top with avocado slices and enjoy!
Loaded Breakfast Wrap
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 10-inch tortillas
- 1/2 of an avocado peeled, pitted and sliced (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are softened. Add the tomato and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are scrambled. Remove from heat and add the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Place tortillas on separate plates. Top each with half of the eggs and half of the onion-pepper mixture. Roll into a wrap and cut in half. Top with avocado slices.