Peanut butter really can go on anything. This time slather it on your quarter pound grilled burger – don’t judge until you try it! Bacon is never a bad idea. So be prepared for these Peanut Butter Bacon Burgers to become a new grilling staple.
I remember back in mid-June when I was still wearing mittens and a jacket (wish I were joking), hoping that summer would be gracious enough to last a few extra months this year. My wish was granted, as were the wishes of thousands of other Minnesotans. It is technically fall, but summer weather is still here. Wooo! I hear that the winds of change are brewing, but I will take every last little morsel of pleasantness that comes our way. We have been spending time outside whenever possible, and of course putting our grill to use. Dan and I got creative the other night and whipped up a tasty, crazy Peanut Butter Bacon Burger that blew our socks off. Well. We weren’t wearing socks, but if we had been they would have landed in eastern Wisconsin. And while your grill is fired up, throw on this Grilled Corn with Spicy Cilantro Lime Butter and these yummy Grilled Tomatoes!
Cook 8 strips of bacon to desired crispness in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pat with paper towels to remove the grease and set aside.
Light a grill and set to medium heat. Add 1 pound of ground beef (divided in four equal parts and patted into patties) to the hot grill. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or to desired level of doneness. Some like it bloody!
Place the cooked patties onto the bottoms of four hamburger buns. Top each burger with:
2 pickle stackers
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 strips cooked bacon
Ketchup, if desired
Serve to hungry mouths! Enjoy this warm weather, people. Soon we’ll be shivering in our snow boots and complaining about the snot that is freezing our nostrils closed.
Peanut Butter Bacon Burgers
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 lb. ground beef divided in four equal parts and patted into patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 pickle stackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Ketchup for topping if desired
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pat with paper towels to remove grease and set aside.
- Light a grill and set at medium heat. Add the ground beef patties and cook on each side for 5-6 minutes, or to desired doneness. Place patties on bottoms of hamburger buns. Top each burger with 2 pickle stackers, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 strips of cooked bacon and the top bun. Top with ketchup, if desired. Serve warm! Yum!