You don’t have to wait for a campfire to enjoy a bite of s’mores. Enjoy a whole pan of the decadent flavors of graham crackers, toasted marshmallow and chocolate melted anytime of year. This treat packs in rich layers, perfect to share!
So I’m a bit off today. One of my boys was very sick and up a lot during the night. He had a minor surgery yesterday, which went great, but his stomach did not agree with the anesthesia. There is nothing tougher on a mama than having a sick/sad/hurting kid! He is resting now. I should be resting, too, but I have posts to write and treats to make!
Sorry, not much fluff today. Aside from the marshmallows, that is.
Here is Day #8 of Twelve Days of Christmas Treats!
(Recipe adapted from The Emeals Blog)
What makes a traditional s’more?
Over a crackling campfire, you can toast a large marshmallow, and sandwich it between two pieces of graham crackers and hershey chocolate bars. They melt together for a delicious, traditional treat!
What’s a S’mores Brownie?
It’s a change up from the traditional treat with layering the flavors on top of a fudgy brownie bed. Once the brownies are baked, you add the broken graham pieces, throw in some mini marshmallows and top it with chocolate bars. All of it is placed under a broiler for maximum melted tastiness.
How do you cut S’mores Brownies?
That’s easy – it’s up to you! You can make each slice bite size and make them easy to pop in your mouth. Or feel free to cut larger bar sized pieces and cut into it to enjoy your dessert like a slice of cake.
Prepare a 19.5-oz. box of brownie mix (family size) in a 9×13 baking dish, according to package directions.
While the brownies are baking, set the following aside:
8 cinnamon graham crackers, broken into pieces
2 cups miniature marshmallows
Three 1.55-oz. Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
Remove the brownies from the oven and set oven to Broil.
Top the brownies with the graham cracker pieces and the marshmallows. No structure is needed here. Unless you want there to be.
Once the broiler is ready, return the pan to the oven and broil for no more than 2 minutes, or once the marshmallows just start to brown.
Remove the brownies from the oven and immediately place the chocolate pieces over the top. Allow the chocolate to melt slightly. If they aren’t melting enough for your liking, place the pan back in the oven for a minute.
Cut into squares and serve. Store, covered, at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
You can’t go wrong with these. They are virtually impossible to mess up! Good luck! Farewell! Till next time (tomorrow)!
- 19.5 oz brownie mix family size, including ingredients listed on box
- 8 cinnamon graham crackers broken into pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3-1.55 oz chocolate bars broken into equal pieces
- In a 9×13 baking dish, prepare brownies according to package directions. Remove brownies from oven and set oven to Broil. Top the brownies with graham crackers and marshmallows. Once broiler is ready, return pan to oven and broil for no more than 2 minutes or once marshmallows start to brown.
- Remove brownies from oven and immediately place chocolate pieces evenly over the top. Allow chocolate to melt slightly. Cut into squares and serve. Store covered, at room temperature or in the refrigerator.