We made it! It’s Day #12 of Twelve Days of Christmas Treats! It went fast, didn’t it? I still plan on sharing a few more goodies, but perhaps after a few days off. Any requests?
I have spent a good deal of time thinking about this particular recipe. I wanted to make caramel corn, but not just plain old caramel corn. And then one day I was in the grocery store and I spotted a Baby Ruth candy bar as I waited in the checkout line. I thought about how Baby Ruths are the most underrated candy bar in existence. Have you eaten one recently? They are good. The best! Well, one of the best. And that is how caramel corn and Baby Ruths became one.
I hope you enjoyed my string of treats! It has been a ton of fun posting and of course eating all of it (which is why I sit here at my computer sipping a mean green veggie juice).
Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Prepare 10-12 cups of popcorn in a large, heavy-duty saucepan. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat.
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup light brown sugar
Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and amber in color, 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add:
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir until the mixture is free of lumps.
Pour over the popcorn.
Carefully stir with a large spoon until the popcorn is well-coated.
12.5-oz. package of fun-size Baby Ruth candy bars, unwrapped and coarsely chopped
Carefully fold in the candy bar pieces.
Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, occasionally reaching in to stir and flip the popcorn around.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the popcorn cool for a few minutes. At this point you can either let it harden on the sheet and then break pieces off, or you can form the popcorn into balls (or whatever shape you wish) and then let it harden.
Either way, you are going to love this stuff.
See you in a few days, friends.
Baby Ruth Caramel Corn
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12.5 oz. package fun-size Baby Ruth candy bars unwrapped and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Pop 12 cups of popcorn in a large, heavy-duty saucepan. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the corn syrup and brown sugar and cook until mixture is smooth and is amber in color, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the marshmallow creme and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and carefully stir with a large spoon until the caramel is evenly distributed and popcorn is well-coated. Fold in the Baby Ruth pieces.
- Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, occasionally reaching in the oven to stir and flip. Remove from oven and let cool. Break off in pieces. Store in an air-tight container.