There’s nothing that makes me happier than being able to enjoy all of my favorite breakfast foods in a single bite. These Loaded Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches are a delicious way to start your day! Cater ingredients to your liking.
I am winding down from a super crazy day. Dan took off on an airplane early this morning and then my two boys and dog and I had quite the adventurous day. It is NOT EASY keeping a dog quarantined due to possible contagious illness while running boys from here to there and back and then over there AND wrapping up some errands and attending open house for school. I feel hugely accomplished tonight and can barely believe that today is done. Onto tomorrow!
Before we tackle another day, let me introduce you to my absolute favorite breakfast with so many delicious foods packed into one little sandwich. I could eat this every single dang morning.
We made this delicious breakfast sandwich a handful of times on our trip with a few variations. We made it with both sausage and bacon and also with scrambled and over-easy eggs. It was yummy and satisfying every time. It would also be so good with ham and with different veggie toppings.
For a lightened-up version, skip the meat and cheese, load up on veggies and use whole wheat bagels.
Please tell me about a recent crazy day you’ve had! I’ll send a fun and generous package to my favorite commenter (contest will close on 8/31)!
Thank you so much for reading, whether this is your first visit or 200th. I appreciate you! Have a wonderful rest of your week!
For more delicious breakfast recipes, please check these out: My FAVE Breakfast Casserole (that I spent years perfecting), Easy Eggs and Veggies (these can be prepped and used all week long!) and a Build-Your-Own Breakfast Casserole!
Loaded Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 slices bacon or 2 frozen sausage patties
- 2 bagels sliced in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices cheese
- Avocado slices and salsa for topping, if desired
- Prepare bacon or sausage in skillet, according to package directions. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Drain grease but don’t wipe out skillet. Place the bagels sliced-side down in the skillet and toast over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cook eggs in the same skillet to your liking (recommended: over-easy or over-medium). Layer each breakfast sandwich as follows: Bottom bagel slice, 1/2 of the cooked meat, 1 cooked egg, slice of cheese, toppings as desired and top bagel slice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!