This delicious, savory marriage between the Steak Fajita and the Quesadilla is the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family. Fajitadillas are a healthy, filling meal. Filled with cheese, veggies and steak, make these as spicy or mild as you’d like in this one-pan recipe and go crazy with toppings!
If you’ve stopped by recently looking for new recipes, then you’ve probably been massively disappointed. But not to worry because I’m back in business! We have just returned to Minnesota after a long and incredible journey around the western U.S. I hope you’ve been following our journey! The boys start school soon and I’ll have time again to deliver tons of new and delicious content.
These quesadillas were another on-the-road meal that were so easy to make in a single pan. Dan and I are huge fans of Mexican food (like our FAVE Chicken Enchiladas!), but I’m pretty sure anyone would devour these babies right up. Do you like my spin on the name, by the way? It rolled off Dan’s tongue as we were preparing them and I went with it. 🙂
Would you do me a favor? Let me know what kinds of recipes you’d like to see more of this fall and winter. I’ll be planning ahead in the next few weeks and want to be sure I’ve got you covered!
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the fajita-dillas. Have a fun rest of your week. Until next time, friends!
- 2 6-oz. steaks or three 4-oz. steaks (flank or skirt)
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers seeds removed and cut into strips
- 2 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, avocado slices and salsa for topping, if desired
- Cook steaks in a skillet over medium heat (or on a grill) for approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doness is reached. Remove steak from the skillet and cut into strips. Cover to keep warm. (Do not clean skillet.)
- Add green onions and peppers to skillet and cook until soft and fragrant, between 4 and 6 minutes. Put veggies in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- One at a time, add a tortilla to the skillet. On half of the tortilla, layer with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 of the steak slices, 1/2 of the pepper mixture and another 1/2 cup cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and cook until the bottom layer of cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings, if desired.