Spruce up chili by giving it some spice and making it light! This version is so comforting and delicious!
My day has involved: riding down the Lazy River with my water-loving oldest boy on a giant blue inner tube, comforting my youngest boy because of his aversion to waterparks and anything relating to a single drop of water, saying goodbye to my bestest pal and her children after a fun weekend together, packing for a week-long trip that begins on Tuesday, preparing for a long day of work tomorrow and dealing with a very-overly-tired-and-waterparked-out boy and his challenging behavior. Now the boys are in bed as I sit waiting for Dan to arrive home from work so we can watch the premiere of Walking Dead! I am beyond excited!
In the meantime, I will share this delightful white chili recipe with all of you! It is such a perfect time to throw chili ingredients into your crock pot to make your home smell wonderful and your tummies happy. I hope you enjoy this one!
Place 2 pounds of ground turkey in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until browned. Drain the grease and transfer to a large crock pot, along with:
2 cans cannellini beans, undrained
1 can butter beans, undrained
Add to the skillet:
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 to 4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix well and remove from heat.
Add to the crock pot:
2 cans corn, drained
32 oz. chicken broth
Add the onion-pepper-spice mixture to the crock pot.
Mix well. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
Serve warm, topped with shredded mozzarella.
The zombies are here! Must go watch!
Spicy White Turkey Chili
- Crock Pot
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 can large butter beans
- 2 cans corn drained
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- Shredded mozzarella cheese for topping, if desired
- Place the turkey in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until browned. Drain the grease and transfer turkey to a small bowl.
- Add the chopped onions and green peppers to the hot skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno peppers. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Place the cooked turkey and onion-pepper mixture to a crock pot. Add cannellini beans, butter beans, corn and chicken broth. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. Serve warm, topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.