The most beautiful, healthy and delicious salad you’ll ever meet! Make a big batch to keep in your fridge all week or bring to your next gathering!
My little boys and I are wrapping up Spring Break week. While it has been wonderful on so many fronts, I am currently on overload and am secretly praying for a few moments of alone-time peace. Or for a cold margarita to fall from the sky.
A couple good things..
– THANK YOU for leaving all of the wonderful comments about spring on my last post! I LOVED reading through them! I have picked one winner to receive the customized cards (Brenda!) and plan to choose another over the weekend, so keep the comments coming!
– We have NOTHING planned tomorrow and I’m super excited about the nothingness.
– I need to come up with a fun dessert to bring to Easter dinner. Ideas?
– I hope YOU ALL have a wonderful Easter weekend filled with many blessings!
I made a couple batches of this pretty salad in the span of a week. Not only is it fun to look at, it is healthy, delicious and versatile. Dan and I used it in about every way imaginable…as a salad, a wrap filling, a fish topping, a snack and more!
Prepare 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions and place in a large bowl along with tomatoes, orange bell pepper and red cabbage.
By the way, I’ve been pondering this lately. Why are purple cabbage, grapes and onions all labeled as “red?”
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 minute. Drain well and add to the bowl.
Fold in a pint of blueberries.
Did you notice? Every color of the rainbow has been included.
In a small bowl, combine sugar (2 tbsp), olive oil (1/4 cup), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), white wine vinegar (3 tbsp), salt and pepper.
Mix well and pour evenly over the salad.
Mix well, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve!
My moment of peace arrived. Both boys retreated to their bedroom and are playing quietly. No margarita yet.
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 8 oz. package cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 10 oz. package frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, tomatoes, bell pepper and cabbage.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 minute. Drain well and add to the bowl. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour evenly over the salad. Mix well, refrigerate and serve!