All of my favorite breakfast foods in a single skillet. This one is a keeper! It is packed with meat and veggies and it’s done in under 25 minutes.
My apple peeler arrived in Saturday’s mail and I am enamored with this contraption. Why have I never owned one of these before? And who in the world came up with this brilliant invention? A few turns of a crank and an apple is peeled, sliced and CORED. What the heck. You can even do it one-handed! My left thumb is still out of commission. I’ve stopped looking at it. There were two days in a row where I had to change the bandage myself and felt queasy for 2 hours afterward. Thankfully Dan is willing to peek at my flesh and do the dirty work. Anyway, back to the amazing apple peeler. I’ll keep the comments open until Thursday if you’d like to enter to win one for yourself!
I made this breakfast skillet for dinner the other night and loved it. Like, a lot. Like the apple peeler, I cannot believe it hasn’t been a part of my life until now. It is packed with veggies and done in less than 25 minutes!
Prepare 8 sausage links in a skillet according to package directions (approximately 10 minutes).
Transfer the sausage to a plate and cut into bite-sized chunks. Leave the grease in the skillet and add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and fragrant.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, parsley and cheese.
Whisk together and add the egg mixture to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Add the sausage pieces and cook until warm.
Top with a bit of shredded cheese and serve! So super delicious!
Sausage Veggie Breakfast Skillet
- 8 frozen breakfast sausage links
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper cored and chopped
- 8 oz. package mushrooms chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage links according to package directions (approximately 10 minutes). Transfer cooked sausage links to a plate and cut into bite-size pieces. Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms to the skillet (do not remove sausage grease) and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until veggies are soft and fragrant.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, 1 cup of cheese and parsley together. Add to skillet and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Add sausage pieces and cook until warmed through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and serve warm.