Meat, cheese and spice in a single hot dip! Serve with chips at your next gathering and you’ll be the most popular person at the party. Cater spice to your liking!
I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry reading through the kitchen incident comments from this post. Oh my goodness! Burning stomachs, flaming oven mitts, sliced fingers, dropped turkeys and toes that were hacked to pieces with an axe! I had to read through them a couple times to pick a winner because they were all so good! (By “good” I mean “awful.”) I couldn’t decide which was my favorite between the flaming oven mitt (Adrianne) and the knife cut that created a hole through the hand (Georgann), so whoever contacts me first will receive the apple peeler/corer! Runner-up will get a little something, too. 🙂 Thank you SO MUCH for sharing those stories! They were “fun” to read through and sent shivers up my spine…and through my aching, damaged thumb. Seriously, I can’t believe how much this thing hurts still. Oh, did you know that if you seriously injure your thumb, that fingernail ceases growth for a time?
Ok, onto a new recipe! This is a re-do of an oldie from my archives (that I will now DELETE because the photos were atrocious). This is a favorite dip of ours. Spice, goo and meat in a dish! We made it a few weeks ago when my cousin came over for dinner and we (three adults) sat at the table and ate the entire pan within 30 minutes. YUM.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, havarti, milk, mayo, red pepper flakes, chicken (tear meat off a Rotisserie chicken to make this super easy!), jalapeños and bell peppers.
The next few posts: apple-related. Get your peelers ready! SAVE THE THUMBS!
Chicken Jalapeno Dip
- 2 cups shredded chicken (recommendation: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken)
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. block havarti cheese cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream and havarti cheeses, milk, mayo, bell pepper, jalapeños and red pepper flakes. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm with chips.