Simplify Chicken Pot Pie by using your crock pot! Enjoy this classic comfort food with minimal effort by allowing your slow cooker to make dinner for you. Great easy dinner for a busy weeknight!
One of the meals that is most memorable from childhood is traditional, comforting chicken pot pie. I remember my stepmom pulling hot savory pot pies out of the oven on busy nights and just totally devouring them when they were still steaming hot and bubbling with deliciousness.
Is there a better comfort food on the planet? A perfectly baked crust that holds a savory, hot, delicious secret inside? Nothing could be better!
For this recipe, I wanted to transform the classic American dinner into an easy crock pot meal. Let the insides cook while you work (or clean, or shop or take care of the kiddos) and top it off with an easily-baked biscuit! It’s a comforting dream come true!
WATCH THIS QUICK TUTORIAL TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE CROCK POT CHICKEN POT PIE!
HOW TO MAKE EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POT PIE
Using your crock pot is the way to go when you need EASY. Let your slow cooker do the work for you and top off the “insides” with an easy biscuit!
Place 4 chicken breasts in a large slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour chicken stock and cream of chicken soup over top. Stir mixture on top of chicken, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or cook on high for 4 hours.
Thirty minutes before cook time is up, remove the chicken breasts and shred using two forks or chop chicken. Return the meat to the crock pot along with the frozen peas and corn and let everything cook for 30 minutes.
Bake the biscuits in the oven according package directions during the remaining 10 minutes. Scoop the filling into a bowl and place a baked biscuit on top. Dinner is served!
- Chicken broth and chicken stock can be used interchangeably in this recipe.
- If you have the time, I always recommend going LOW and SLOW!
- Add poultry seasoning to the chicken before placing it into the crock pot for an extra punch of flavor.
- This is a great recipe to serve at a party and it also works great as a week night dinner.
- I did not use heavy cream in this recipe in order to keep it on the healthy side. For a creamier recipe, add 1/2 to 1 cup of heavy whipping cream at the same time the peas and corn are added.
- Replace the peas and corn with different frozen veggies, if desired!
- Use chicken thighs in place of breasts (go boneless!) if you’re wanting more of a dark meat pot pie.
CAN I USE SHREDDED MEAT FROM A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN?
Yes! Skip adding the chicken to the crock pot in the beginning and instead add meat that is already cooked and pulled from a Rotisserie chicken toward the end, when the peas and corn are added. This will save you a few minutes of effort!
HOW TO REHEAT CHICKEN POT PIE
If you want to reheat leftovers, you can do so right in the crock pot! Cook on low heat for 30 minutes, or until completely heated through. Stir once halfway through!
Another option would be to scoop individual servings into a bowl and reheat for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave until heated through.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN POT PIE
Consider making one of these delicious sides to accompany your pot pie!
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Vegetable Rice Summer Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- Cauliflower Mushroom Rice
COMFORT FOODS TO WARM AND FILL YOU UP
- The Best Meatloaf – You need to make this classic meal. It is my mother’s delicious recipe with an added touch of delicious sauce. This dinner recipe will quickly become a favorite family meal!
- Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole – this dinner boasts flavor and creaminess over a bed of steaming egg noodles. This casserole is just like your mom’s recipe but so much more! This is a perfect hearty weeknight meal to put on the table.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole – This is a delicious combination of the tastiest flavors you will ever eat in a single bite. Bacon, chicken, creamy alfredo sauce and pasta all make dinner a hit in less than 30 minutes!
- Best Baked Ziti – Packed with flavorful meat sauce and layers of cheesy goodness, you will enjoy each flavorful bite. This delicious dinner feeds a lot of people and is super filling and hearty. It is a great meal to freeze and bake at a later time, too!
- Best Instant Pot Chili – This recipe is the absolute perfect comfort food, packed with flavor, texture, color and a tiny bit of spice. Perfect dinner or party food!
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken – You need to try this mixture on a bun because it’s an addicting and delicious lunch or dinner option that everyone will enjoy. Great weeknight meal AND the perfect party food!
- One-Pan Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – Dinner has never been easier! NO PREP is required for this quick and delicious Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Simplify those busy weeknights by adding this hearty meal to the dinner rotation!
- Easy Classic Chicken Alfredo – Easy, creamy Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Done in 30 minutes and made in a single pan, everyone at the table will love this comforting dish!
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crock Pot
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Celery sliced
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 8 oz Chicken Cooking Stock
- 2 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 16.3 oz Refrigerated Biscuits 8 count
- Place chicken breasts in a large slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour chicken stock and chicken soup over top. Stir mixture on top of chicken, cover crock pot and set to cook for 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High heat.
- Thirty minutes before cook time is up, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Shred the meat using two forks and return shredded meat to crock pot. Add peas and corn, mix well, and let cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Bake biscuits in oven according to package directions and serve one on top of each serving!