A totally delicious snack and ready in 25 minutes!
My husband and I had some (fun, sweet, awesome) friends over the other night. We ate dinner outside, played the Wii (my husband has mad hula-hooping skills), acted silly and thoroughly enjoyed each other’s company. I wish every Tuesday night was that much fun!
We had figured out the menu for the evening ahead of time, drinks included, but I had to come up with an easy dessert at the last minute. You can’t have good friends over and not enjoy a dessert together, right? I threw these fudgy rocky road bars together, and they were delicious! They tasted perfect after chicken and potatoes and a mai tai.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with graham crackers, breaking them to fit if necessary.
Bake in the preheated oven until the crackers are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 8 minutes. By the way, have you ever baked graham crackers in the oven? I urge you to make this recipe for the sole purpose of doing this. “Fragrant” does not adequately describe the scent that floated from my oven. I found myself wanting to eat my oven and the air surrounding it.
Sprinkle the deliciously-fragrant baked graham crackers with 1 1/2 cups toasted and coarsely chopped almonds.
Top that with a few big dollups of marshmallow topping (1 cup total).
In a small saucepan, combine:
1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
Pour the chocolate over the marshmallow topping. Swirl together with a thin-bladed knife.
Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until your guests are ready to consume dessert.
Cut into squares and serve! Eat! Enjoy! Yum!
Fudgy Rocky Road Bars
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups almonds toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup marshmallow topping
- 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line bottom of a 9×13 dish with graham crackers, breaking them to fit if necessary. Bake until crackers are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and dollop with marshmallow topping.
- In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow topping; working quickly, swirl together with a thin-bladed knife. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Cut into 18 squares. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped in plastic, up to 2 days.