This Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is a keeper! I love it as a solo lunch salad and also as a dinner side dish. Or you can double it for a fresh, yummy summer party food!
My mother instilled in me a great love and appreciation for a good, healthy, beautiful salad. As a kid I was always awed by the salads she put together and as an adult I am constantly trying to think of new flavor combinations. When it comes to salads, the options really are endless. Stand in the middle of the produce aisle and look around you. The colors, the shapes, the flavors and smells.. there is such a variety of ingredients to choose from!
I love a good leafy salad, but this Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad would be great even without the romaine lettuce. I have made it twice this week and I’ve devoured every single morsel of both batches. All by myself. It is one scrumptious little salad.
If you follow the recipe amounts exactly as they’re written, you’ll have either one large salad (think: hungry lunch) or two small salads (think: dinner accompaniment). I went with the hungry lunch version both times.
If you can’t find micro-greens, feel free to replace them with either alfalfa sprouts or watercress. I love the little bit of bitterness that all of the above options add. And the dressing? It pairs so well with every colorful ingredient involved.
You are going to love this one! Let me know what you think! Have a great weekend, friends.
Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup micro-greens watercress or alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup cherrry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- In a medium bowl, combine the lettuce, micro-greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, blueberries and Feta cheese. Toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.