These Butterfinger Cookie Bars are a great way to use up Butterfinger candy bars! Layers of chocolate, chopped up candy bars and cookie dough make these an amazing treat. You get the best of many worlds all wrapped into a single delicious dessert.
My overwhelmed meter is in the red zone. I will literally be thinking ahead only one hour at a time until next Tuesday morning when my little boys and I take off on our 3,000+ mile road trip. I cannot wait until all of my tasks are accomplished and we are on the open road! I will share details of the trip later, but for now? Details of a very sinful treat! I am a HUGE Butterfinger lover so this is a little slice of heaven for me, just like this Butterfinger Cheesecake and these Butterfinger Bites!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Let a 16.5-oz. package of refrigerated cookie dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Coarsely chop 3 Hershey’s bars.
In a medium bowl, combine the cookie dough and chocolate pieces.
Mix together using your hands.
As if this glob of calories weren’t enough!
Press half of it into the bottom of the prepared pan and top it with 5 Butterfinger candy bars. Mmmm.
Top with the remaining cookie dough and pop it in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop 2 Butterfinger candy bars (yes, that is 7 total Butterfingers). When the bars come out of the oven, crumble the Butterfinger pieces over the top and press down gently.
Let the bars cool completely and cut into small squares.
Thanks for reading! Onto my next task!
Butterfinger Cookie Bars
- 16.5 oz. sugar cookie dough refrigerated, at room temp and broken into pieces
- 3 Hershey's bars coarsely chopped
- 7 Butterfinger bars 5 whole and 2 coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie dough and the Hershey’s bar pieces. Using your hands, mix together. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 5 whole Butterfinger bars. Top that with the remaining cookie dough mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until dough is cooked through (test with a toothpick).
- Remove from oven and top with 2 chopped Butterfinger bars. Let cool and cut into small squares.
So good and so easy!
I’m going to make these, but instead of using refrigerated cookie dough, I am going to make my own.
Hey Dawn! YUM! Let me know how they turn out!
I just made this. I had to use a lot more cookie dough, and so I cooked for 25 minutes. I’m still not sure if they are cooked through. I couldn’t get the lesser amount to cover everything. They look and smell great though!
Just made a double batch of these for a cookout and can't wait to try them! Full -size Butterfingers were surprisingly hard to find, so I went with 24 snack-size ones for the two batches and that worked well. I, too, had a little trouble getting the dough to fit my 8×8 pan, but after using a bench cutter to press, it worked out just fine 🙂
I made these and I kept having to had more of the 2nd half to the first half and I just stopped adding b/c I wasn't going to have enough for the top. It never covered the bottom of my 8×8 pan. Don't know what the deal is w/ that. I'll try these again but using two sugar cookie (or 1 1/2) packages.
I have these in the oven RIGHT now…can't wait!