Impress guests with these Citrus Cubes! Simply throw chunks of citrus fruit into an ice cube tray, top off with water and freeze. This is a great way to add flavor to water without adding sugar or calories!
An unexpected busy season has threatened to pull me under water. Typically this is my “free” time, filled with spending time with my boys, blogging and cooking…and just before my really busy season begins. I’m grateful for the financial blessings right now, but…I’M TIRED. Just like all of the rest of the working mamas in the world. Do you know a mother who isn’t tired constantly? Is that even possible? Happy belated Mother’s Day to ALL of you incredible moms!
Please have grace with me for not posting as often as I’d like to right now. I need an extra two hours in every day!
These Fruit Cubes are similar, but I wanted to do a citrusy version to kick off summer (uh, hello? summer? where are you?). This is such a great way to spruce up a glass or pitcher of water without adding a ton of calories or sugar, just like this Scary Juice and this Fruit and Spinach Smoothie!
Chop any citrus fruit into small sections and throw the pieces into an ice cube tray.
Pour water over the tops and freeze!
It’s that simple!
Very little effort is suddenly impressive and pretty. You’re welcome.
- 1 lime cut into small pieces
- 1/2 lemon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 orange cut into small pieces
- 1/4 grapefruit cut into small pieces (optional)
- Place the fruit pieces into an empty ice cube tray (use two trays, if needed). Pour water over the tops of the fruit and freeze for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add the citrus cubes to a glass or pitcher of water, with additional citrus slices, if desired.