This brownie is my FAVORITE gluten-free dessert recipe. You’ll never know that they are gluten free. These babies are chocolatey, delicious and irresistible!
We recently met a super awesome family who lives right down the road from us. Right away we discovered that we had some unusual things in common, one of them being that we both have food blogs! Dan and Laura have such valuable information packed into their website (thecookandthecoach.com), including some super-yummy recipes and fitness advice/encouragement. We had them over for dinner a few weeks ago and in the process of planning a menu discovered that Dan has a recently-discovered gluten allergy. What better excuse to create a gluten-free brownie recipe?! I had my doubts. I was not confident that these would be very tasty, but oh-my-goodnes they were DELICIOUS! My boys BEGGED for every little crumb that remained.
If you want to cut back on the sugar, replace half of it with a bit of honey.
Here’s to new friends and yummy brownies! 🙂
Enjoy, friends! Thanks for reading!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
- 5 tbsp. butter cut into chunks
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Add the butter and chocolate chips to a small microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy. In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Mix well and gradually incorporate into butter-sugar mixture until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour in an even layer into the prepared baking dish. Top with extra chocolate chips, if desired. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares.