This Zingy Black Bean Dip is the perfect appetizer or party food and goes great with chips or as a taco filling! The spice can be catered to your liking!
What are you up to this weekend? Anything fun? We tossed around a few ideas that involved getting out of the house before the weekend began, but none of it happened. Three of the four of us have been TIRED lately. We needed the time at home, but sadly we are still just as tired on the other end of the weekend.
This tired woman made this yummy dip a few weeks ago when we had some new friends over for dinner (adapted from this recipe from fivehearthome.com). It is quick to make, it has a little zing (that you can cater to your liking), it is a great appetizer and the perfect complement to veggies or chips/crackers.
We had leftovers and used it as a nacho topping the following day. YUM. It would also be a delicious taco filling or burger topping!
Enjoy the last morsels of your weekend and have a wonderful week!
Zingy Black Bean Dip
- 2 cloves garlic halved
- 4 oz. can diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans with liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse/puree until mildly chunky. Pour into serving bowl and top with extra cilantro, if desired. Serve with chips or veggies. Can be stored (covered) in the fridge for up to 3 days.