Using hummus as a dressing in this Hummus Veggie Lunch Wrap makes it healthy and delicious!
The Week of Rain. Or The Week of Gloom. Either title fits the week. Things that have made me happy this week: coffee, boy snuggles, soft puppy fur, Downton Abbey, sweet notes from my boys and food! As you may know, I am obsessed with lunch fare. I strayed from my typical veggie-packed salad this week and munched on this yummy little Hummus Veggie Wrap instead. It was SO good. I inhaled it faster than the rain fell from the sky.
I have two little secrets that send this wrap into greatness: use a variety of hummus that has a bit of flavor (or spice) and add a sprinkling of seasoning salt. Trust me.
This will be lunch for me again today and that will help make The Week of Gloom a little bit brighter. Or at least yummier.
Hummus Veggie Wrap
- 1 tortilla or piece of flatbread
- 2 tbsp. hummus
- Sprinkling seasoning salt
- 1/2 tomato sliced
- 1 Romaine lettuce leaf
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 small carrot peeled and julienned
- Small handful alfalfa sprouts
- Place tortilla or flatbread on a flat surface. Evenly spread hummus over the surface and sprinkle seasoning salt over the top. In a strip along the center of the tortilla, layer the tomato slices, lettuce, avocado slices, carrots and alfalfa sprouts.
- Tightly roll up the wrap, cut in half and serve!