A fun little twist on a delicious summery drink! These Blueberry Mojitos are super fresh and yummy.
Ever go down a rabbit hole? How this summery fresh Blueberry Mojitos recipe came about is in that hole. So as a graphic designer, I love white space. It offers balance and peace to a design. But people want to fill every bit of blankness with unnecessary text or graphics and this is stressful to one who appreciates the serenity of white paper.
Somehow, this need to preserve nothingness in my designs does not carry over into my own life. It is hard-wired in my DNA to want to pack my life to the brim. This is good on one hand. Things are never dull. My family and I make tons of memories. We have many important people in our lives. But I can get run down easily. I am in constant search for that perfect balance. That’s where this summer cocktail popped up into my blog!
I labeled last night with an impromptu Mojito Monday! This delicious little Blueberry Mojito helped to shove me into some needed white space. Also, I realized that I need to give you all the summery recipes! Coming soon will be a flood of more fruity drinks, salads, grilling recipes and frozen desserts. I love summer!
I thought I’d do a bit of a twist on the delicious little Mojito, so here you go. Introducing the Blueberry Mojito! It is fresh, simple and delicious and it goes down very easily.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY MOJITOS RECIPE
Muddle the mint leaves, blueberries, sugar and lime juice in a mortar and pestle (or use the back of a spoon and a small bowl).
Add to shaker along with rum and ice cubes. Shake moderately (not too vigorously) and divide between two lowball glasses filled half with ice.
Top with sparkling water and garnish with extra mint leaves and blueberries, if desired.
- We added only 1/2 teaspoon of sugar for an added touch of sweetness. Add up to 3 teaspoons for a sweeter drink!
- I’m hoping for a wonderful, balanced and happy week for you all! Enjoy the recipe and thank you for reading.
DELICIOUS ADULT COCKTAILS
- Switch up the standard margarita by replacing your sweet and sour with grapefruit juice in this How To Make Grapefruit Margaritas!
- Minnesota’s signature cocktail is the Bootleg Cocktail! This delicious citrusy drink is perfect for summer nights.
- Packed with a punch, this irresistible Spicy Bloody Mary is great to enjoy over brunch!
Blueberry Mojitos Recipe
- 12 mint leaves plus additional for garnishing
- 12 blueberries plus additional for garnishing
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 4 oz white rum
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 oz sparkling water
- Muddle the mint leaves, blueberries, sugar and lime juice in a mortar and pestle (or use the back of a spoon and a small bowl). Add to shaker along with rum and ice cubes. Shake moderately (not too vigorously) and divide between two lowball glasses filled half with ice.
- Top with sparkling water. Garnish with extra mint leaves and blueberries, if desired.