This irresistible spicy bloody mary is extremely easy to make and it is packed with a punch! Go crazy with the condiments that you throw into the glass just before serving. This is the perfect beverage for brunch or any time!
Any time someone mutters the words “bloody mary” in my presence, I start to salivate. There is literally never a time when the thought of consuming this delicious and filling beverage doesn’t sound like perfection.
I mean, when else is it appropriate to consume tomato juice, vodka, beer and a boatload of snacks within a couple seconds of each other. And on a Saturday morning.
This version of one of my favorite alcoholic drinks is my FAVORITE. No other recipe comes close. My hubby and I have perfected it over the years and we love the spice and flavor involved in this specific concoction.
Is it bad to drink just one bloody mary per day? Because I would if that were a socially acceptable thing.
HOW TO MAKE A SPICY BLOODY MARY RECIPE
In a pitcher, combine the following ingredients:
- 8 oz. tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Fill glass with ice and top with 2 ounces of vodka, then the bloody mary mix. Stir and add desired condiments.
- Condiment options: celery stalks, chunks of salami, olives of any variety, chunks of different types of cheese, celery, pickle spears or chips, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bacon, banana peppers, pickled asparagus, lime wedge, green beans.
- Coating the rim of the glass with celery salt before serving is a great, tasty way to dress up this drink!
- The fresh lemon juice is a touch we added to this recipe fairly recently. In our opinion, this small addition sends the drink into a whole new realm of greatness! Don’t skip out on this ingredient.
- For a less spicy drink, omit the hot sauce entirely.
- For a MORE spicy drink, add more hot sauce! 🙂
HOW TO MAKE PEPPER INFUSED VODKA
The only, and I mean ONLY, thing that could possibly make this really good bloody mary recipe even better? Making pepper and bacon infused vodka! This is a really easy process, but will require some time and patience.
Here’s how: Bacon and Pepper Infused Vodka
OTHER DELICIOUS COCKTAIL RECIPES
- The Best Margaritas – This is the best margarita recipe EVER! My husband spent years perfecting this delicious tequila cocktail. You will never need another margarita recipe again!
- 4 Can Margaritas – Pour only FOUR ingredients into a pitcher and a batch of refreshing margaritas is ready for guests! Making drinks could not be easier! All you’ll need is Squirt, tequila, a can of beer and limeade. Easy and delicious!
- Grapefruit Lime Margaritas – Switch up the standard margarita by replacing sweet and sour mix with fresh citrus juice! These Grapefruit Lime Margaritas are refreshing and delicious and perfect for summer!
- Easy Lemon Drop – This Lemon Drop Cocktail is EASY to make and is sure to impress guests. Use honey simple syrup for a less sweet version of the popular adult drink.
- Blueberry Mojitos – A fun little twist on a delicious summery drink! These Blueberry Mojitos are super fresh and yummy.
- Mint Juleps – Mint Juleps are the official drink of the Kentucky Derby! Minty, satisfying and refreshing!
- Pink Lily – The Pink Lily Cocktail is a Kentucky Derby favorite drink! Enjoy any time of the year!
- The Best Mai Tai – This is the closest you’ll get to replicating the Vegas Mirage hotel’s famous Mai Tai. One of my favorite alcoholic beverages ever!
- Salty Dogs – Vodka and grapefruit juice make a great team! This alcoholic drink is irresistible and a great sipper for sitting on the deck.
WHAT ELSE TO SERVE FOR BRUNCH AT HOME
Brunch is one of my favorite things in the world. I mean, we’re talking meat, pancakes, eggs, all the savory breakfast foods AND all the sugar-laden treats, as well.
We have veggies and sandwiches and wraps and quiche and pot roast and soup and the list goes on and on. Brunch contains the best collection of foods on the planet, which is why it is so popular among the masses. And we can’t forget that alcohol is totally acceptable at brunches, too! Woo!
Here is just a tiny sampling of my favorite brunch fare:
- Check out this roundup of 15 perfect side dishes to serve with quiche!
- Homemade Bagels – Make homemade bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. These easy bagels are soft, flavorful and taste great with savory or sweet toppings. I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops!
- Blueberry Muffins – You have just met your new go-to Blueberry Muffin recipe! These muffins turn out great every time, they are moist and totally packed with blueberries. These are the PERFECT treat to adorn your brunch spread!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- BEST Breakfast Casserole – I have been making (and perfecting) this breakfast casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. This is perhaps my favorite thing ever to make for brunches. It is a massive hit every single time!
- Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake – Transform French Toast into a Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake! The croissants add such a delicious buttery texture. Let it sit in the fridge overnight so it is ready to bake the next day!
Spicy Bloody Mary
- 8 oz tomato juice
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 oz vodka
- Condiments of choice (celery, chunks of salami, olives of any variety, chunks of different types of cheese, celery, pickles, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, bacon, banana peppers)
- In a pitcher, mix tomato juice, pickle juice, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, pepper and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Fill glasses with ice and top with vodka, then the tomato juice mixture. Stir and add desired condiments.