Enjoy breakfast in pizza form! Eggs, bacon, spinach and goat cheese never tasted so good.
I am sweets-loving girl through and through, but when it comes to breakfast food I much prefer a savory plate of food. Breakfast food is my favorite type of fare and my favorite meal of the day, even though I don’t eat it every day (I know, I know). I could easily eat bacon, eggs, sausage and cheese around the clock. A few days before we left for vacation I was craving pizza as well as breakfast yumminess, so I created the ultimate Breakfast Pizza. I ate half for lunch and the other half for dinner. Yum.
If you don’t love over-easy eggs, cook them for an additional couple of minutes to create over-medium eggs (keeping an eye on the crust to make sure it doesn’t burn). You could even whisk the eggs before adding them to the pizza and pour in an even layer.
Watch this easy tutorial to learn how to make your own NO YEAST pizza dough for this recipe!
Feta cheese could easily replace the goat cheese, but I loooooved how deliciously the goat cheese paired with the rest of the ingredients. If you have other delicious veggies hanging out in your fridge, feel free to add them, as well! Mushrooms and onions would be great additions.
This is a great breakfast to make for guests since it is so easy to prepare. You could even let each guest “build their own” quadrant. This is also a great dinner option for those days when breakfast for dinner sounds yummy.
This morning on our way out of North Dakota, we stopped at a small cafe to grab breakfast for the road. The only breakfast options were donuts and ice cream, so I passed and grabbed a couple slices of salami from the RV fridge. I’d so much rather be munching on this Breakfast Pizza!
Here are some other great breakfast options that you absolutely have to add to your menu: Loaded Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches, Breakfast Stromboli and THE BEST Sausage Veggie Breakfast Casserole you will ever eat!
Have a great rest of your weekend!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough thawed, or 1 batch of No Yeast Pizza Dough
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach or mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup bacon crumbles cooked
- 2/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a pizza pan or large baking sheet with parchment paper (spray lightly with cooking spray); set aside. Flour a work surface and roll the dough into approximately a 14-inch circle (or oval) and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Fold 1 inch of the dough over, all the way around the edges.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the center of the dough and using the back of a spoon, spread evenly (including folded-over edges). Top with an even layer of greens, followed by tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Crack the eggs in four separate quadrants and bake for an additional 9 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper, cut into slices and serve immediately!