With just 20 minutes of prep and 5 ingredients, this pizza dough is ready to be put in the oven! No yeast, rising or waiting is required and it produces a perfect pizza every time!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made from this page.
There is something about homemade pizza that is just soooo delicious, am I right? It doesn’t even compare to its frozen, boring, store-bought counterpart. I usually have frozen pizza dough sitting in my freezer, ready to be thawed and rolled out.
On those Friday nights when my freezer is empty, this SUPER EASY no-yeast pizza dough recipe saves me! I would consider it a minor miracle how easily this dough comes together and how perfectly it turns out with such little effort. The end result is a perfect crust, not too thin and not too thick. Pile all the toppings on that you and your family love!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DOUGH WITHOUT YEAST
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
Using a dough hook, mix until dough forms.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes, or until a smooth ball forms.
Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to prepared pan, top with Pizza Sauce and toppings of choice and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pizza crust is golden.
- If you don’t have a pizza pan, use a large baking sheet either sprayed generously with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper.
- If you do not have a stand mixer with a dough hook, use a large spoon to mix the dough.
- When you press the dough onto the pizza pan or baking sheet, be sure to form a ridge around the entire outer edge which will turn into the crust. This dough produces a nice, fluffy, perfect 1 inch thick crust!
MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA POSSIBLE!
- As long as you’re going homemade for the crust, you may as well make your own Homemade Pizza Sauce, too! It is super easy and will taste way better than anything you can find in the store. It’s worth the tiny bit of effort required!
- A thin layer of olive oil is a great first layer for any pizza!
- When it comes to toppings, the world really is your oyster. I like to get a bit crazy with my pizza creations (proof: Pickle Pizza and Olive Pizza), but feel free to keep it simple. Or go nuts! A few topping options to choose from: sausage, bacon crumbles, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and black olives, just to name a few!
- The best cheeses to use on homemade pizza are mozzarella, provolone and cheddar. I love using FRESH mozzarella on pizzas for an extra bit of yum!
- Baking time for pizzas will vary by a bit, depending on how many toppings you throw on. Make use of your oven light and start peeking in around the 15-minute mark. The crust will be a golden brown color when the pizza is done and the cheese will be melted uniformly all over the surface.
DO I NEED YEAST FOR THIS PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE?
NO! That’s what is so miraculous about it! This is a no-nonsense recipe for those of us who have better things to do than to watch dough rise and rise and rise. I’m telling you, it’s a dream! When you taste the end result, I promise you’ll never know the difference. It’ll kinda blow your mind.
DO I NEED TO PRE-BAKE THE CRUST?
Nope! Load the pizza toppings onto the uncooked dough and pop it in the oven. That’s it! The dough will bake perfectly throughout every single time.
CAN YOU FREEZE PIZZA DOUGH?
One of my favorite things about pizza dough is that it freezes beautifully. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place into a resealable freezer bag. Freeze for up to 4 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using it!
HOW LONG DOES PIZZA DOUGH LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
When covered tightly with plastic to ensure the surface does not get dry, pizza dough will last for 2 weeks in the fridge.
HOW TO ROLL OUT PIZZA DOUGH
Make sure the dough is at room temperature before rolling. Lightly flour a flat work surface and place the dough in the center. Sprinkle a bit of flour over top and use a rolling pin to roll it into the desired shape. If you need to press the dough a bit with your hands to get it into a round shape, this is just fine. Rub a tiny bit of olive oil onto your hands to ensure the dough doesn’t stick.
Feel free to pick up your dough! It’s not a super fragile dough, so handling it is fine even if you’re not quite comfortable yet with tossing it into the air. Holding one side and letting it hang can even help to stretch the dough if you’re having a hard time getting it to stretch.
HOW TO REHEAT PIZZA
Once your pizza has been cooked and you’re onto the leftover stage, there are a few different options for reheating it! Throw a single slice onto a microwave-safe plate and heat on high in the microwave for 1 minute.
Another option is to place the entire remaining pizza back onto the pizza pan or baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a 350-degree F oven.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SAUCE
To make your own pizza sauce, you will throw all of the ingredients listed below into a saucepan and let them simmer for a few minutes. That’s it! To simplify the process further, skip simmering and simply mix everything together really well in a bowl.
- Two 15-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 12-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
ALL THINGS PIZZA
If you are loving the pizza theme, consider making some of these pizza faves!
- Pizza Pasta Bake
- Breakfast Pizza
- Delicious Spinach Artichoke Flatbread Pizza
- Tasty Pull Apart Pizza Ring
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
No Yeast Pizza Dough
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus extra for rolling
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using a dough hook, mix until dough forms. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes, or until a smooth ball forms.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to prepared pan, top with Pizza Sauce and toppings of choice and bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden.