Make a batch of delicious Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes. Perfectly cooked potatoes swim in bacon, peppers and onions. Top a pile of these savory potatoes with a fried egg and a drizzle of hot sauce for the perfect, filling meal.
My personal breakfast motto is this: I am a breakfast-loving non-breakfaster. On most days I fast from 6pm through lunch the following day (minus coffee, ha!), so unless I made breakfast for lunch or dinner I typically don’t make breakfast fare for myself.
But I LOVE breakfast food. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, I could go on and on. It’s all so delicious.
I do make exceptions on weekends and holidays and on those days I totally dive into breakfast. These Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes are filling, comforting and SO DELICIOUS.
This is the perfect easy recipe to make for your family any day of the week and it is a great way to feed masses of guests on holidays. Think: Christmas morning! Perfection!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BREAKFAST POTATOES
Set Instant Pot to saute. Add bacon pieces and cook 3-5 minutes, or until slightly crispy. Add the olive oil, bell pepper, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the pot.
Cook stirring occasionally for an additional 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add potatoes to the pot and cook 5 minutes, allowing the potatoes to cook just slightly.
Add 1/2 cup of water or broth and deglaze the pot (scrape bits from the bottom of the pan with a spoon, scraping up any browning that has accumulated on the bottom).
Cover and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure (pressure cook setting) for 5 minutes. It will take the pot approximately 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking. Do a quick release.
Serve immediately with a fried egg, hot sauce and a sprinkling of salt and pepper!
RECIPE NOTES: INSTANT POT BREAKFAST POTATOES
- Use either a green or red bell pepper for this recipe, or use half of each for a dish that is bursting with color!
- Replace the bacon with 1/2 pound of ground sausage for a different meaty flavor.
- I love topping a heaping stack of these potatoes with a fried egg or two, as well as a few drizzles of hot sauce. Other great toppings include: chopped avocados, chili paste, chopped tomatoes, jalapeno slices, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, parsley or sour cream.
- Yukon gold or red potatoes work best for this dish, but consider using sweet potatoes for a unique twist!
- Don’t limit this dish to breakfast. Serve it as a side dish for dinner!
- There is no need to peel the potatoes before cooking, but you can definitely pull out your peeler if that’s more your style.
- To create crispy potatoes, pour them onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and broil till crispy.
OTHER POTATO RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- This is my Mom’s Mashed Potatoes recipe. It is the BEST and goes great with any main dish, any time of year. You’ll never need another mashed potato recipe again!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, smooth, delicious and easy to prepare. No boiling or saucepan/stovetop cleaning required with this side dish. Your pressure cooker gets this easy mashed potato recipe done in 30 minutes!
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes are an easy and delicious side for any meal! They taste better than regular French fries and are a great healthy lunch, snack or side dish. Whole30 compliant, too.
BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
- Homemade Bagels – Make homemade bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- BEST Breakfast Casserole – I have been making (and perfecting) this breakfast casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods.
- Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake – Transform French Toast into a Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake! The croissants add such a delicious buttery texture.
Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add bacon pieces and cook 3-5 minutes, or until slightly crispy. Add the olive oil, bell pepper, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the pot. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add potatoes to the pot and cook 5 minutes, allowing the potatoes to cook just slightly.
- Add water or broth and deglaze the pot (scrape bits from the bottom of the pan with a spoon). Cover and cook on high pressure (pressure cook setting) for 5 minutes. It will take the pot approximately 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking. Do a quick release.
- Serve immediately with a fried egg, hot sauce and a sprinkling of salt and pepper!