This cheesecake is so festive and deliciously minty! Plus, what isn’t delicious when it’s drizzled with chocolate!
I haven’t been outside yet today, but the weather looks incredible again. I will be making my way out soon to enjoy it. In the meantime, here I sit in my pajamas eating green cheesecake. At 10:00 in the morning. Don’t judge!
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
In a food processor, combine:
15 Oreo cookies
10 Keebler Grasshoper fudge mint cookies
Pulse until fine crumbs form. Add 5 tablespoons of melted butter and pulse a few more times, just until the crumbs become moistened.
Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
Place three 8-ounce packages of softened cream cheese into a large bowl. Using a hand-held mixer, beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until the cream cheese is light and fluffy.
Add a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and mix until fully incorporated.
Add 3 eggs and mix until incorporated.
1 tablespoon Crème de Menthe
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon green food coloring (you can tailor this amount to your liking)
In a small bowl, combine:
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon flour
Stir to coat.
Using a spoon, stir the chocolate chips into to the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Top with 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
To avoid cracking, immediately run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the pan. Do not remove the side of the pan, however, until it has completely cooled.
Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature and then refrigerate it until it is ready to serve.
In a small bowl, combine:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon milk
Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir until creamy. Heat in additional 15-second intervals, if needed, stirring after each interval, until creamy.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over each slice before serving.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 15 oreo cookies
- 10 keebler grasshopper mint fudge cookies
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp creme de menthe
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp green food coloring
- 2 cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the Oreo and Grasshopper cookies. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the butter and pulse a few times, just until crumbs become moistened. Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until just incorporated. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the Crème de Menthe, peppermint extract and food coloring and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips with the flour. Stir to coat. Add the flour-coated chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Top with ½ cup of chocolate chips. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for one hour.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately use a knife to separate the cheesecake from the edge of the pan all the way around. Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, in a small bowl, combine ½ cup of the chocolate chips with the milk and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Microwave in 15-second intervals, if needed, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate over each slice of cheesecake, and serve.