This one-pan meal should be a part of every dinner rotation. Filled with juicy chicken, cheese and packed with delicious vegetables, this recipe is perfect for the whole family. It is easy, healthy and done in 35 minutes!
As the mother of two little boys, one of them with special needs, I can tell you that there have been many days that have left my head spinning. But I have never…not ever…had a day like today. I wish I could erase it from my memory. The promise of a new day always helps, but all I want to do is cry. And eat. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Do me a favor! Leave a comment telling me something GOOD about your day or week or month or year! The happier the better. Or maybe tell me about something you are looking forward to this summer. My favorite comment will receive a little something from me in the mail!
I knew this recipe was going to be good, but I was honestly surprised at JUST how good it was! Dan and I did not let a single morsel go to waste. Add this one to your weeknight dinner rotation!
Here’s to a better day tomorrow! Thank you for reading.
Enjoy the recipe!
Easy One Pan Chicken Broccoli Rice Skillet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove the cooked meat from the skillet and set aside. Drain the skillet and place it back on the burner.
- Add the olive oil, green onions, garlic and jalapeño peppers (if using). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are soft and fragrant. Add rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to Low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- At the 7-9-minute mark, add the broccoli and re-cover. Stir after 15 minutes of simmering, add the cooked chicken and cheese and re-cover for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm!